What Do You Want To Do Next?: National Directory of Services for Survivors


People who have experienced sexual violence and harassment have many different options for reporting the incident, as well as mental/physical health support services as they process their experience.

On your campus, you might refer someone who has disclosed to you to:

  • Your campus counselling service.
  • Your Students’ Union Welfare Officer.
  • The Dean of Students Office.
  • Your local Rape Crisis Centre/Network.
  • Your local Gardaí.


Consult your college website for equivalent services for where to access these services locally.


If the person you are speaking with wants to seek immediate medical assistance, they can learn about visiting a Sexual Assault Treatment Unit here and access information about the closest unit to your location. SATUs are a free service and can provide survivors with a health check and forensic exam.


If they want to report the incident to Gardaí, they can find out more information about reporting sexual crimes here.


Individuals might also choose to seek counselling at a rape crisis centre. Bear in mind that as someone who received a disclosure, you can also access these services to process your own experience.  


Here is a link to a national directory of regional rape crisis centres, and here is a direct link to the Galway Rape Crisis Centre’s site, our campaign partner.  You can also call their helpline 1 800 355 355 (10am-1pm, Monday – Friday). 


You can also use the Dublin Rape Crisis Centre’s 24-hour helpline 1800 77 8888.


To learn more about work in the rape crisis sector nationally, visit the Rape Crisis Network Ireland website for up to date research and information.

I believe you

Why Your Role Hearing a Disclosure Matters

Build Your Knowledge:

Take the Active* Consent eLearning module